It’s important to evaluate your own individual goals when thinking about your accomplishments as every person will have a different set of goals and will need a different strategy for achieving those goals.
1. Visual reminder- Once you are able to see your goal clearly, you can remain focused and motivated to achieve it. Any kind of visual reminder can motivate and drive you to succeed. Some people post a picture of their ‘dream body’ on their fridge when they are trying to lose weight or use their ‘ dream car’ as their computer screen saver at work.
2. Search for role models- Look for inspiration from those who are on the same path as you, it could be your father, a friend or a CEO of a company. Ask questions and allow their positive energy to influence you. Learn from the experts and their experiences, of how to get where you want to go.
3. Visualize yourself at the end- Visualization is important to improve yourself and attain your goals, therefore you must see or visualize yourself there. Focus on the direction you want to go for success, create positive thoughts and positive visual images in your mind. Visualize yourself losing weight and fitting into that size 10, feel the breeze on your cheeks as you drive that sports car. Seeing is believing!
4. Make use of time lines- Keeping track of your successes and/or achievements can help you put your goals into perspective to see how far you have come. To improve yourself, it is important that you recognize your efforts and be proud of what you have done, are currently doing and where you are going.
5. Keep jealously aside- To watch someone on a similar path, attain their goals sooner than you, can be hard for you to accept, but you need to get rid of this envy and resentment. Overcome these feelings and you will be that much closer to reaching your own success.
Once you start achieving success, you will see opportunities appear and you will be poised to take action and step into your greatness.