We all wish that we could have a smooth life with loved ones around, good financial security and of course good health? However, sometimes we attract unpleasant people and situations into our lives.
One of the most demoralizing and emotionally crippling one is when someone we trust lets us down. You then take the stance that you will never forgive them! Have you ever said that? Maybe you said that years back and are still holding that grudge.
Sometimes it may seem as if there is no end to the betrayals and bitterness cycle. And of course the closer the relationship, the deeper the hurt. Who would not justify a grudge against such betrayal?
What Is Forgiveness?
It is very important to understand that forgiveness;
· does not mean that you are condoning what was done to you
· allows you to decide you are not going to live with this hurt feeling anymore
· will allow your wound to heal
· will allow you to move ahead
To Err Is Human To Forgive Is Divine!
These eight words, are so simple yet so powerful. Remind yourself of this until its true meaning sinks into the depth of your spirit.
· Humans, being emotional creatures, make mistakes and as a result knowingly or unknowingly end up hurting someone.
· We ALL make mistakes, no one is infallible.
· To forgive is a decision made consciously and requires inner strength and discipline.
· This decision is of your higher being and therefore divine.
· Divinity brings purity, hope, joy and peace
· Against such there is no LAW
· Forgive and experience the great strength that lies in you.
You live life only once so don’t waste part of it on someone or something that does nothing but bring pain or hurt?
Decide that you will set yourself free and break loose from these bonds of hurt.
Say loudly, “I choose to forgive you!” And SMILE!